Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Reality Check

I don't know what I was thinking. There is no way I am going to be able to run a 5-K. My body hates me. I went for a short jog last week, and the next day my rib (the one that's messed up) felt like it was super-glued to the one above it. Also, my knee was all out of whack (probably because my back is, too). I know I have the endurance to run, because I felt just fine. It's just too high-impact. I have more issues and aches and pains than a senior citizen. It's pathetic.

I might still walk the 5-K, but I don't know. It is up to my SIL, who was going to run the race with me. It just doesn't sound as fun when you can't join in the race.

Nonetheless, I am still going to post training schedules soon. I have always wanted to train for and run a race, and I will live vicariously through any of my readers who decide to follow the schedule. ;)

1 comment:

Mindi said...

You can still come and walk it. Tina Henderson and Laura Bendall are going to walk. So is Kellie Farrel's neighbor. Justin's friend is even going to use her stroller and push her little one.