Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day



I haven't been posting much this week because of the holiday, but I just wanted to tell everyone to have a great day! And I wanted to say to have fun indulging. Because tomorrow, it's back to discipline. If you are still planning on (somewhat) watching what you eat today, here are a few things I do (when I'm motivated):

1. Skip the sodas, juices, etc. And for those of you that drink, avoid the high sugar and carb drinks (or you can avoid alcohol altogether and save a ton of calories). All of these things use up empty calories that you won't remember consuming. Save room for the good stuff!

2. If you have pumpkin bread, skip the pie. If you have cranberry sauce, skip the stuffing. I am personally not a huge fan of stuffing, so I never have it. And I skip gravy, too. Not a fan. I think you see where I'm going with this. Load your plate with your favorites and skip over the things you're not crazy about. Don't just eat something for the sake of Thanksgiving. Oh, and cranberries are great mixed with mashed potatoes and turkey! But I'm sure you've tried that already. ;) OK, I am making myself hungry.

3. Take a hint from your kids and eat off of a smaller plate.

Happy Gobbling!

No comments: