Saturday, November 8, 2008

Journal: My Motivation Jeans



A few weeks after my son was born, I went shopping for new clothes with my husband. I was a size 8 at most places- that's four sizes more than I was before I got pregnant. Well, most of the shopping trip was depressing, and I ended up with two pairs of black Under Armour workout pants (not the skin-tight ones), and one pair of size 2 American Eagle wide-leg jeans.

You may wonder why on earth would I depress myself by trying to fit my knee past the thigh of those pants. Well, I didn't ever try them on. I thought they were so cute (would've looked great on my old body!), and I knew they wouldn't be around by the time my weight came off. So, my Motivation Jeans were born. I was actually a size smaller in AE (pre-preg.), but I wasn't counting on my hips returning to their former glory.

They have been hanging over my door for the last 5 1/2 months, just waiting to be worn. I see them every day and am reminded of my goal. Sometimes, when I have nothing to wear (which is always), I stare and them and think I could squeeze myself in. But then my thigh gets in the way.

However... (drumroll, please)... today I got them up!! And zipped them! They are still too tight, but they are up! I could have buttoned them, too, but I was afraid I would pop the button off. Even though I still can't really wear them, that is a huge milestone in my journey. So of course I had to post it. That is a big motivator. Maybe next time I try them on, I will be able to wear them out with my husband.

P.S. The jeans are still around (see link above), on clearance (doh!), and in my pre-pregnancy size. If my husband is reading this, maybe he'll tell Santa. ;)

1 comment:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

That's impressive. You are only at 6 months post pregnancy and you are already able to do that. I had some pants I didn't think would ever go past my hips again. They still fit differently (tighter), but I'm able to get most on finally. You are on your way.