Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Goal Date

Before I talk about my progress, I want to apologize for being MIA. With a husband working late the past few weeks, a sick baby, then a sick mommy, it doesn't make much time for me to do the things I enjoy. Not only that, but I have been busy dealing with doctors, still trying to find a solution to my rib pain. Yesterday I had 3 trigger point injections, and I should know within a couple of days if they helped me. Wish me luck! My quality of life has been lowered tremendously, and there are many exercises I simply cannot do because of the pain (it seems to be a "permanent" muscle spasm that is also affecting a nerve, but we will never know for sure). I also have a bit of good news:

I am studying to become a certified personal trainer! Yep, all of the hot air I blow on this blog will finally have some first-hand credibility! I have always wanted to become a personal trainer, but never made the time. I hope to teach mommy group fitness classes in the future. But it all depends on my son. I'm a mom first. :)

Anyway, I don't know if you remember that one of my resolutions was to lose my baby weight by the time my son reached 9 months of age. Well, today he is 9 months old, and here is my progress:

Waist: 26" (1" above pre-pregnancy)
Hips: 37" (1"above pre-pregnancy)

Weight: 115.5 (7.5 lbs above pre-pregnancy)

So, although I have definitely toned up and lost a couple more pounds in the last month or so, I have not quite reached my goal. The good news is that I fit into many of my old pants, but my hips still haven't made their journey back home (I hear some women's never do). But that's OK. I am still improving and still working hard, and I am confident that I will reach my goal soon. There isn't much I can do about how much my hips expanded, but I CAN do something about my eating habits and my committment to exercise. And right now I think I'm doing a pretty good job.

If you are in the same boat as me, try not to get down on yourself if you don't reach every single goal by the date you set for yourself. That will only cause you to think negatively, which can make you want to give up. Don't give up. If you're eating right, exercising, and burning more than you consume, then the weight will come off eventually. Think: mini milestones.

1 comment:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

I hope the injections work and I hope you feel better soon. My friend teaches a Baby-Momma class. You do exercises with your baby. If you're interested I could get info about it for you.